April 22, 2016

The Star-Studded Couple Blogathon - Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood


Thanks to Phyllis for hosting the blogathon. Looking forward to reading all the posts about the star-studded couples of classic Hollywood. Please visit Phyllis' fine blog, Phyllis Loves Classic Movies.

I'll be focusing on the two marriages of Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood, one in 1957 and one in 1972, and the time in-between those marriages.

When I was in my teens in the mid to late '70s, they were a hot couple. I saved photos of them from newspapers and magazines, made collages by gluing the photos on poster paper, and hung them in my room.

For my blogathon post, I made Google Slide presentations about Robert Wagner's life and career, Natalie Wood's life and career, and their life as a couple. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed creating them.

The presentations are best viewed full screen. Also, you can enjoy a soundtrack with each slideshow by clicking on the small YouTube video embedded in the first slide of each presentation. Alternately, the soundtracks are available at these addresses:

Robert Wagner - https://youtu.be/Xv1Yx3eFnEg
Natalie Wood - https://youtu.be/kcoQ9MNy1Ck
R.J. and Natalie - https://youtu.be/5g6GSur3BIE












5 comments:

Phyl said...

I had a crush on Wagner after seeing him in "Titanic" and it intensified after "The War Lover." That's terrible about him going blind!!! I can't believe how the studios put their stars in danger like that!!

I have yet to watch "To Catch a Thief." It's available to watch for free on Hulu but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I had the same thought about "Winning"!! Joanne Woodward was sooo lucky!!!

Phyl said...

Natalie Wood was such an adorable little girl. I had no idea she was in so many films! Also that she was Russian. Great family photos!

Wow, thanks for all your research!! That's so romantic about their proposal and it's sad that it took them so long to get back together!

Her daughter Natasha looks so much like her!

Thanks so much for this fantastic contribution!! I can't imagine how much time you spent putting it all together!! The slideshows are a unique presentation!

Emily W. said...

I love your slideshows. Great info and you chose perfect photos! I've adored Natalie since I was a child and I love absolutely all of her films. I have a "Natalie Wood wall" in my house full of photos and film posters. I enjoyed your post so much!

Carissa (Regency Woman) said...

Wow, you went to some incredible lengths with this post. I love those presentations and had no idea Google had a program to let you make presentations so like Powerpoint. Incredible.

I grew up watching re-runs of Hart to Hart and then the movie Prince Valiant that somehow my mother introduced me to. So I've loved Robert Wagner for years. And my best memories of Natalie Wood are when she was a child actress and of course, Rebel Without a Cause. Her death is such a tragedy. I hate to think RJ could have been involved, but anything is possible, I guess. That recent letter is a little bit scary.

Overall, I really haven't seen either of them in very many films, although my mother loved It Takes a Thief. Now that I know RJ was in a couple of films with McQueen, I may have to track those ones down.

I wish RJ and Natalie could have had a happily-ever-after romance. And while it seemed neither of them regretted Hollywood, it's likely their relationship would have been much happier and healthier had they not been so much in the public eye.

Terrific job on your post, I loved all of those details!

LĂȘ said...

Wow, what an inventive, well-done post! The music choice for Natalie's presentation was just perfect. I loved your idea and how you showcased the information. I didn't know Natalie and Robert had starred in a version of Cat in a Hot Tin Roof!
Don't forget to read my contribution to the blogathon! :)
Cheers!
Le
http://www.criticaretro.blogspot.com